Five Steps To Admission For ESL Students
Application for admission to the ESL Program requires submission of the following:
- A completed ESL Application Form (with signature);
- Application Fee of $50 for domestic students or $100 for international students. (The application fee must accompany the application and is non-refundable. Check or money order should be payable to University of the West)
- Official Transcripts (all official transcripts must be in English or translated to English by an official agent);
- Copy of High School Diploma or the highest degree attained. (If your diploma is not in English, please obtain a verification letter from the institution or have it translated by an official agent);
- Additional requirements for International (Foreign) Students
- Completed Financial Sponsor Agreement or Certification of Financial Resources with an official Bank Verification (a regular bank statement is not acceptable);
- Copies of Passport;
- Copies of Visa, and I-94 (if applicable);
- Copies of previous I-20 (transferring international students only);
- Transfer Release Form (transferring international students only).
NOTE: Applicants to the English as a Second Language program must provide evidence of graduation from high school or its equivalent. Applicants who have not graduated from high school or its equivalent may qualify for admission by completion of academic work at a regionally accredited or state approved school with a 2.0 or higher cumulative grade average or by being over 18 years of age.
* You are required to register for at least one semester in order for UWest to issue you an I-20.