We are partners in financing your education
University of the West financial aid encompasses more than just grants and loans. Instead, we work closely with you and your family to ensure the most affordable and valuable college experience possible.
Low Tuition Keeps Your Debt in Check
Our dedication to providing exceptional financial aid services starts with tuition. As part of our mission to be accessible to students of all backgrounds, University of the West offers one of the lowest tuition rates of any private University in the nation—fully one-third the cost of many of the other private schools in Southern California.
Wondering how much it will cost to attend UWest? Check out the the cost of attendance for 2015-2016.
In addition to keeping the total cost low, we also offer an incredibly wide range of scholarship opportunities.
- Lotus Scholarship – A renewable annual award of up to $10,000 solely for new students. Students must be eligible, and will be considered based on both academic merit and financial need.
- Springboard Scholarship – Awarded to new undergraduate students transferring to UWest during the spring semester. The Springboard Scholarship is awarded based on merits.
- President’s Fellowship – An annual award for degree-seeking students with a minimum 3.5/3.75 GPA (undergraduate/graduate) who also demonstrate outstanding leadership characteristics. President’s fellowship recipients will have the full cost of tuition waived for up to 15 undergraduate or 12 graduate units per semester and must complete at least 10 hours per week of service work on campus.
- Dean’s Fellowship – The Dean’s Fellowship is an annual award for students with a minimum 3.2/3.5 GPA (undergraduate/graduate) who demonstrate exceptional leadership ability. Recipients will have the tuition of up to 7.5 undergraduate or 6 graduate units waived each semester and must complete 5 hours per week of service work on campus.
- International Buddhist Education Foundation (IBEF) Scholarship – IBEF awards $3,500 - $4,500 per semester to students with a minimum GPA of 3.5 who are enrolled in Religious Studies and/or Buddhist Chaplaincy programs.
- UWest Scholarship - Up to $1,000 per semester to full-time, degree-seeking students who show academic merit, leadership, integrity, service and exceptional value to the University.
- Golden Benefactor Awards – These scholarships are awarded by individual donors to stand-out undergraduate and graduate students who demonstrate financial need, and require a separate application in order for a student to be considered.
- Drs. Allen and Lily Huang Student Leadership Awards – This scholarship is a competitive scholarship and awards $2,000 annually with a minimum GPA of 3.5.
Federal Aid Programs
- May 24 - FAFSA on file
- March 2 - For priority for summer funding.
- May 24 - Notify UWest Financial Aid Office for summer term consideration.
- March 2 - FAFSA or Dream Act Application
UWest Scholarships and Fellowships
President's Fellowship, Dean's Fellowship, and UWest Scholarship
- April 1 - all continuing students
- February 15 - new applicants
- April 1 - new and returning applicants
Golden Benefactor Awards
- Fall: the first Monday following the last day of the previous Spring semester
- Spring: the first Monday following the last day of the previous Fall semester
Drs. Allen and Lily Huang Student Leadership Award
Click here to view important dates
Learn more about the grants and loans available to you.
Domestic Students: Complete the FAFSA to qualify for Federal aid (UWest school code: 036963)