How to Apply in 5 Easy Steps:
- Download and complete the application.
- Submit your official school transcripts.
Please submit official high school transcripts if you’ve never attended college before.
If you have attended college, also submit official transcripts from every college you’ve attended.
Learn more detailed information about transferring to UWest from another college.
- Tell us about yourself.
Undergraduate Students: In 400-500 words, tell us what skills and attitudes you believe are necessary for a successful life.
Graduate Students: Write a 400-500 word statement of purpose (i.e. a personal essay).
Note: Click the links above for more detailed information about UWest admission requirements.
- Submit letters of recommendation.
Undergraduate Students: 2 letters
Graduate Students: 3 letters.
Note: We prefer academic letters of recommendation, but we will accept supplementary letters from community leaders, business leaders, former managers, or fellow members of your religious community.
- Submit your application fee payment.
Please note that we will not process your application until this payment has been received.
- Are you an ESL student, an international applicant or interested in open enrollment? Click to learn more.
MDiv Buddhist Chaplaincy,
PhD Religious Studies