For domestic students seeking Federal Financial Aid, a completed application includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Create your own Federal Student Aid PIN (www.pin.ed.gov), if you do not have one.
- A completed and signed 2014-2015 UWest Application for Financial Aid. (www.uwest.edu/financialaid )
- A completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Application or Renewal FAFSA. (http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/)
Students are encouraged to complete their FAFSA online as it allows the Financial Aid Office to access your information in a matter of days. The 2014-2015 FAFSA instructs students to identify the college(s) they have selected to receive their financial aid information by name and also by school code (#036963).The FAFSA worksheet is available online at www.uwest.edu/financialaid.
The FAFSA worksheet will help you to prepare for the completion of the online application. Each student is responsible for updating his/her address information with the FAFSA, FAFSA Renewal processor, or makes any corrections via the 2014-2015 Student Aid Report online, or by phone 1-800-433-3243 (the Federal Student Aid Information Center).
- If selected for verification, student and/or parent need to choose to automatically transfer IRS income tax information into your FAFSA (IRS Data Retrieval Tool).
All students applying for 2014-2015 Federal financial aid must have a FAFSA on file in the Financial Aid Office by May 04, 2015 to be eligible for aid consideration. The last day to apply for Federal Financial Aid for the 2014-2015 academic year is May 04, 2015.
For students who wish to be considered for Institutional Fellowships and Scholarships must submit the following:
- A completed and signed 2014-2015 UWest Financial Aid Application form;
- A completed and signed 2014-2015 UWest International Student Supplemental Application for financial aid; (International students only)
- A maximum one-thousand-word essay regarding applicant’s leadership experience, community service involvement and future plan; and
- References from previous direct supervisors from work or community leaders, or academic advisors/teachers. Two references are required for President’s Fellowship and Campus Life Leadership Fellowship; one reference is required for Dean’s Fellowship and Campus Life Assistance Fellowship. Reference must be original and completed on the UWest Fellowship and Scholarship Reference Form and provided in a sealed envelope and signed by the referee.
Note: Items #3 and #4 are not required for UWest Scholarship and Lotus Scholarship.
Deadline for applying for Institutional Financial Aid is:
- April 1st each year.
- New students can submit the financial aid application when applying for admission.
- Students are responsible to ensure all documents are submitted on time. Applications submitted after the above-mentioned deadlines will only be considered under exceptional circumstances, if when funds are still available.