For domestic students seeking Federal Financial Aid, a completed application includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Create your own Federal Student Aid User ID (www.studentloans.gov), if you do not have one.
- A completed and signed 2015-2016 UWest Application for Financial Aid. (www.uwest.edu/financialaid)
- A completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Application or Renewal FAFSA. (http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/)
Students are encouraged to complete their FAFSA online as it allows the Financial Aid Office to access your information in a matter of days. The 2015-2016 FAFSA instructs students to identify the college(s) they have selected to receive their financial aid information by name and also by school code (036963).
The FAFSA worksheet is available online at www.uwest.edu/financialaid. The FAFSA worksheet will help you to prepare for the completion of the online application. Each student is responsible for updating his/her address information or makes any corrections via FAFSA on the Web, or by phone 1-800-433-3243 (the Federal Student Aid Information Center).
- If selected for verification, student and/or parent need to choose to automatically transfer IRS income tax information into your FAFSA (IRS Data retrieval Tool).
All students applying for 2015-2016 Federal financial aid must have a FAFSA on file in the Financial Aid Office by May 02, 2016 to be eligible for aid consideration. The last day to apply for Federal Financial Aid for the 2015-2016 academic year is May 02, 2016.
For students who wish to be considered for Institutional Fellowships and Scholarships must submit the following:
- A completed and signed 2015-2016 UWest Financial Aid Application form;
- A completed and signed 2015-2016 UWest International Student Supplemental Application for financial aid; (International students only)
- A maximum one-thousand-word essay regarding applicant’s leadership experience, community service involvement and future plan; and
- References from previous direct supervisors from work or community leaders, or academic advisors/teachers. Two references are required for President’s Scholarship and one reference is required for Dean’s Scholarship. Reference must be original and completed on the UWest Fellowship and Scholarship Reference Form and provided in a sealed envelope and signed by the referee.
Note: Items #3 and #4 are not required for UWest Scholarship and Lotus Scholarship.
Deadline for applying for Institutional Financial Aid is:
- April 1 each year.
- New students can submit the financial aid application when applying for admission.
- Students are responsible to ensure all documents are submitted on time. Applications submitted after the above-mentioned deadlines will only be considered under exceptional circumstances, if when funds are still available.