International Student Services
International Student Life serves the individual needs of international students attending University of the West. The staff provides a wide range of services, including helping students adapt to their new environment, serving as a liaison between campus and community groups.
International Student Life acts as a primary resource in issuing I-20’s and official documents required by foreign governments as well as providing updates to ever-changing immigration regulations.
International students are highly encouraged to acquaint themselves to ensure an easy transition into American life.
Your Responsibilities as a Foreign Student:
- You should be aware of your status and know the facts.
- You should attend the university or college whose name appears on the I-20. In case you decide to attend another college or university you should contact the International Student Advisor of that college or university, and inform him/her of your situation.
- You must be a full time student. This means you should carry a minimum of 12 units per semester as an undergraduate student or 9 units per semester as a graduate student.
- You must inform the International Student Advisor of your arrival and attendance at our University.
- You must refrain from working off-campus without USCIS authorization.
- You must keep the International Student Advisor and the Registrar’s Office informed of your latest address and phone number.