The Golden Benefactor Awards are available only to UWest continuing students who have been previously full-time enrolled for one semester in a degree-seeking program; available to UWest undergraduate and graduate full-time students, except students who are in their final semester.
Policies and Procedures
- Effective spring 2009, the former “donor Scholarships” are now named Golden Benefactor Awards;
- The Golden Benefactor Awards shall be reviewed by the Financial Aid Committee; some donor restrictions may apply;
- The number of awards may vary each semester according to the donor funds available;
- Scholarships are awarded in Fall or Spring semester;
- Students must demonstrate financial need, academic performance, and character;
- The Golden Benefactor Awards are available only to University of the West continuing students who have been previously full-time enrolled for one semester in a degree-seeking program;
- The Golden Benefactor Awards are open only to UWest undergraduate and graduate full-time students. Full-time enrollment status is defined as at least 9 units for graduate students and 12 units for undergraduate students;
- A non full-time student who is either in the final semester or a REL 710 students can only eligible to receive the GAB for up to two consecutive semesters;
- Students apply the funds in the same semester that the scholarship was awarded;
- Applicants will be considered for all scholarships for which they are eligible. Only one scholarship will be awarded per semester to each eligible student;
- This award cannot be combined with the IBEF Scholarship, President’s Fellowship, Campus Life Leadership Fellowship or Lotus Scholarships. If an applicant is able to demonstrate exceptional financial need, he/she may file a petition to the Financial Aid Committee for an exception;
- Students shall update their academic progress if requested by the donors. Hence, all recipients are required to write a semester report on their academic progress. Financial Aid Office will gather the reports and send them to the donors;
- Incomplete applications will not be processed;
- Visit the UWest website Financial Aid page to read all relevant details and application form.
To be considered, each Applicant must provide the following:
- Golden Benefactor Awards Application form, which must be signed, dated, and turned into the Financial Aid Office by the deadline;
- A Statement of Objectives (typed, double-space, maximum 500-word, explaining your educational and career goals, and any specific qualifications you may have or difficulty that you may have overcome);
- Applicants must register for the next semester by the deadline before this application can be processed;
- Only complete applications providing all the requested information and documentation will be considered.
- All applications with appropriate documentation must be delivered in person or by mail to the Financial Aid Office. No facsimiles or e-mails will be accepted.
Fall semester: The following Monday of the end of the previous Spring semester
Spring semester: The following Monday of the end of the previous Fall semester
Where to Submit the Application
Please submit your application by mail (not email) or in person to the Office of Financial Aid on or prior to the deadline to the following address:
Attn: Office of Financial Aid
University of the West
Re: Golden Benefactor Awards Application
1409 N. Walnut Grove Avenue
Rosemead, CA 91770
If you have any questions while completing your application, please contact the Financial Aid Office for assistance. By phone at 626-571-8811 ext. 122 or 138, or email at
Please submit your application and required documents by mail to the Office of Financial Aid. For more detail please log at www.uwest.edu/financialaid.